Tuesday 10 August 2010

Hearing aid moulds

I hate my hearing aid moulds!  There I’ve said it.  They really are the most uncomfortable lumps of plastic in the entire universe.
So what have two lumps of plastic done to become so offensive and become the object of total inane hatred, I hear you ask?  (Well, actually I cannot coz I’ve taken the hearing aids off).
The answers are:
They are made from hard plastic and they have never fitted properly and they cause my hearing aids to whistle constantly, which is annoying in the extreme!
They don’t let your ears breathe and therefore they become sweaty and itchy all the time.  Because of this bacteria love residing in my nice, sweaty, warm lug holes and this produces the most disgusting smell.
Lastly, to crown their anti-social nature, I’ve now become allergic to the plastic that the damn things are made from. As a result I now have this burning itch in my ears all the time.  If they were people they would be given an ASBO!
I understand that I can get new Hypoallergenic (gosh that’s a big word) moulds from my local audiology clinic and have been waiting 6 months for an appointment.
I cannot wait for the day when I can take a 5lb hammer to my current ones!

No comments: