Friday 17 August 2007

Digital Hearing Aids

It has only taken 2 years almost to the date (2nd August 2005) for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to issue me with a pair of digital hearing aids after I lost my analogue one that I had since the beginning of time, well 20 years actually.

I fully expected to be dragged on a hurdle o the main entrance to Richmond House by one of the Secretary of State for Health’s minions. Hanged by the neck for a short time or until almost dead. Disembowelled, emasculated, and my genitalia and entrails burned before my eyes (not nice), before finally being beheaded and my body divided into four parts for this heinous crime.

Instead they have given me a pair of shiny new digital hearing aids.
Are they any better than the old analogue ones people ask? Well, yes they actually are!

The new hearing aids do pick up a wider range of sound and the sound quality is certainly better. Also they do not give me so much feedback (high-pitched squealing should) and I do not get a headache that I used to get when I wore the old one for more than a couple of hours.

Another nice touch is that they appear to automatically switch to the induction coupler on my phone.

Having only had them for 24 hours now they certainly seem to be a vast improvement over the old one, but it is early days.

Watch this space to see how they go…………

No comments: