Monday 27 August 2007

What a load of crap people listen to

As readers of my blog will have read, I have got a new pair of digital hearing aids last week.

Being deaf from birth, and with my deafness increasing, I did not realise how noisy the world is and what a load of crap people listen to!

I don't want to hear the computer keyboards clicking - what is the point of that! The vacuum cleaner is sheer torture. The washing machine makes this really boring noise - what to I want to listen to that for? The wheelchair lift on the van vibrates constantly, why do I want to hear that? I'd rather sit listening to nothing and concentrate on driving that have than din in the background!

All I want to hear is people talking to me, but even then, people talk such utter drivel that 90% of it is not worth listening to!

Frankly, I'd rather remain deaf and use my hearing aids selectively to hear what I want to hear, rather than this meaningless crescendo of pollution that appears to surround us that non-hearing impaired people call "normal hearing".

That's the answer, turn the bloody things off and wait until people tap me on the shoulder. If they look remotely intelligent and look as though they have something worthwhile to listen to, switch back on.

Just a thought; I wonder if listening to this crap is the reason why most non-hearing impaired people are so stupid?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.